Monday, January 5

SOCKS!

Quick tip: Folding Socks

One of my least favorite chores is folding socks. It's really so simple, so I'm not sure why I put it off until my son is begging for clean socks. Last time I folded socks, I came up with this simple solution.
  1. Place all socks in a laundry basket.
  2. Sort socks by toe thread color by draping each green stitched sock over one side of the basket, each pink stitched sock over another, and so on.
  3. If you have more than four colors of toe stitching, leave those extras in the basket. I also leave colored socks in the basket.
  4. Working on one side at a time, match socks of similar wear together.
  5. ALWAYS throw out socks that are threadbare, or you can mend them immediately. HA!!!
  6. If you have lots of types of socks, repeat the process with four more thread colors.
  7. Match the colored socks that are still in the basket.
  8. Save any unmatched socks in a separate basket for next time.
Piece of cake! (Ummm...cake sounds good. I need to find a quick recipe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment