Sunday, February 1

Baby Watch 2009: Bonus Day One

To extend the vacation metaphor just a bit, today is like getting to the airport to find all flights out of paradise have been canceled. I'm packed, I have no hotel room, I'm at the airport, I paid for the flight, and it's inconvenient all around. Still, I'm in paradise. I can sit back, kick up my heels, and have every excuse to be lazy, calm, and relaxed for as long as it takes for those planes to start moving again.

Of course, planes out of paradise usually fly in fair weather, so I'd likely be dealing with a doozie of a hurricane or some threat of terrorism. Luckily the conditions in my womb are quite a bit more sunny, which I believe may be encouraging little one to stay put. I can only hope that she will soon realize that life out here is paradise, too. It will be so even more when she joins us.

No comments:

Post a Comment