Saturday, January 31

Baby Watch 2009: Day Zero

D-day...due date...the final countdown...the big day has come and almost gone without fanfare or screaming, sweat or tears. Yes, I'm still pregnant and have to figure out some way to count back up from zero starting tomorrow. Perhaps my darling daughter will come in the night and save me the trouble?

I am finished. I have completed an entire pregnancy-a whole gestation. I feel a sense of accomplishment in making it all the way through with a healthy mom and baby. As an impatient person, I rarely see things through to the end. Today, I can say with pride that I did not bail out early. (In all fairness, had I any choice in the matter, I would have ended this journey WEEKS ago.) Still, I went the long haul and am going to take credit for maintaining my sanity, at least.

The thing I like today about being pregnant is the quiet. She may let me know that she's still here with her twisting and turning, but there is no noise. I can enjoy television, reading, relaxation, and sleep in utter silence if I choose...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment