Sunday, January 4

Nursery Images!!!

I love getting ready for baby. I love decorating and making the house look like a home, and the nursery is the perfect place to start. It's a fresh room-clutter free-that we can make into whatever we choose. Anticipating baby only makes the decorating process more exciting. We painted the room in a pleasant spring green to make it more versatile, then we started filling it with various pieces of furniture and accessories. I like to save money, so the cheaper the better! When decorating on a budget, it's always good to have a long time to seek out and collect random items. Reassigning furniture and objects that are already in the home can also save money.


The dresser and chest of drawers were originally in our master bedroom, but are much more nursery appropriate. The bed is a repainted garage sale find that I picked up in September. We purchased the crates after the back-to-school clearance sale in 2005, and the footstool was hanging around somewhere storing pet toys. Total NEW furniture cost, including paint and mattress: $101.00.

The bedding, from JCPenny, shows off the black and white motif in the room. Accessories from Big Lots helped me to keep my budget in range, and coupled with hand-made flower arrangements, still look like a million bucks! I love the peaceful room, and I'm sure my daughter and I will enjoy many calm moments within these walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment