Tuesday, January 27

Baby Watch 2009: Day Four

Sure I have to do the chicken walk at night, stepping ever so gingerly with each foot. I wait until the muscles and ligaments shift to hold my increasing weight. I stick out my butt for counterbalance, pull back my neck for momentum, and strike out again, carefully, with the other foot. Still, I can make pretty good time around the house. After I get going, the hips and pelvis are warmed up enough to allow me some reasonable range of movement. I can hold things with two hands, currently unencumbered by an infant, and I can get in the shower or use the toilet without worrying about looking out for baby. She may literally be a pain in the ass right now, but my beautiful daughter is as portable as she'll ever be. I could enjoy this for a few more days...

But I won't be sorry if I have to start carrying her in my arms instead of my hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment