Thursday, January 1

And so it begins...

My one resolution this year is simple: I will not put unrealistic expectations and undue pressure on myself, others, and situations. Instead, I will enjoy moments for their worth and do what I can to make them more delightful for all involved.

In the past 24 hours I have done a great deal of reflecting and predicting. Plenty of goals and dreams rushed through my head, and I'd be a foolish liar to pretend that I don't intend to pursue those dreams. However, one of my great strengths of 2008 was my ability to be present and aware of the experiences I had the opportunity to share with loved ones. Sure, I'm still ambitious, but ambition is worthless if I'm always looking ahead and never looking right here.

In 2009, I will sit back, relax, and enjoy the blessings that I know will be mine.
I will take joy in the doing, knowing that each moment is a luscious step in my journey of growth.
I will accomplish much through my attitude of awareness and appreciation.
I will look back at this moment a year from now in amazement of how wonderful 2009 has been.

Today, those little steps included a few timely issues. I updated my 2008/2009 holiday gift list, outlining gifts received last year and a budget for next year. I excitedly checked off three recipients as "finished" on my list for next year! I read through my 2008 goals, reflected on them, and predicted the course of my year. This one's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment