Wednesday, December 31

Holiday Reprise

Please, take a moment, grab a pen, and write down how wonderful your holidays have been so far. If you find yourself lacking material or constantly returning to the standard grumbles and annoyances of overstimulation and poor eating habits, remember that tonight provides you yet another opportunity to make better memories. Below, in proper fourth grade theme style, is my holiday joy journal entry:

What I Did During Winter Break
By Mumbler, age 29

I had a good time. I got to see my grandma, my grandpa, and lots of cousins who I never see any other time. I even got to talk to my aunt, which is good, because she's going to die soon. I ate some of my favorite foods, like my mom's potato soup and my grandma's turkey noodles.

Christmas morning was so special! I watched my son open up all his gifts, and he was more excited with each new box. I got a lot of things that I wanted, especially a really big travel mug. The dog loved his new rope toy. Later, my husband's family drove three hours just to see us! They brought more toys and gifts, so we opened presents again. My son got everything he imagined, and more. I got a new digital camera and a breast pump!

I served a dinner, and everyone found something that they liked to eat. The kids enjoyed the food. Most people ate at least two plates! Then, everyone helped clean up the kitchen. We played video games, watched TV, and started playing a board game before bed. We got to have a HUGE sleepover. Everyone had a bed-nobody had to sleep on the floor.

The next morning, we prepared breakfast together as a family. Our visitors packed their bags and took home leftover food. They left around 4:30 in the afternoon, and we knew they would have a rough and foggy trip. It made me think of Rudolf. We didn't want to be home in an empty house, so we went shopping. We bought almost everything on our list with our Christmas money.

For the next two days, we rested. This was a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment