Sunday, December 28

7 Ways to Improve

It may work next time:

1. Pre-shopping: I hope to get a head start on Christmas shopping 2009. In fact, I've already purchased three gifts for those hard-to-please male family members. Better yet, I got in on the post-Christmas sale to buy these items at a 50% discount.
2. Organizing: My to-do list this year was FANTASTIC-thorough-overwhelming. Next year, I will prioritize the list with things that must be done, should be done, and might be done. In addition, I'll give each item a due date so that I'm looking at accomplishing two or three things each week instead of twenty.
3. Setting and Observing a Budget: With the exception of my potential shopping spree recipient, I want a clear budget for the holidays. I usually "eyeball" the budget, but next year, I want to set a specific limit for each person on my list. It will be a fun challenge to shop within the budget and stretch that cash as far as it will go.
4. Cooking Healthier: I will use the techniques I learned this year to create efficient meals for the season, but I will make sure those meals are within my diet plans. Food is great, and indulging is acceptable. However, we all feel better when we eat well.
5. Journaling: As the tree comes down and the gift receipts get shredded, I will take copious notes over what worked this year and what needs improvement for next year. I have already begun here, at the mumble, to document both my shining and shadowy holiday moments.
6. Creating a Wish List: In an earlier post, I described how the wish list was a great thing for my realtionship with my husband. To take it a step further, I have created wish lists for myself, my hubby, and our son at our family Spring Pad. We will add to it through the year, to insure that the purchaser has a variety of options to consider at upcoming birthdays and holidays.
7. Spreading the Joy: I want to find creative, rewarding ways to make the season more about giving. Do you have suggestions for worthy charities or volunteer opportunities? I'd love to create new, charitable holiday traditions for my children. Leave your comments about which giving experiences inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment