Thursday, January 29

Baby Watch 2009: Day Two

Perhaps my overwhelming sense of urgency and expectation will soon be replaced with peace, calm, and vegetation. In fact, I'm almost sure that one scientifically proven consequence of delivering a human infant is a hormone-induced state of euphoria and adoration. When we see the infant, we have to fall madly in love. Otherwise, we'd run for the hills at the whiff of the first dirty diaper.

Yes, my mood and energy level will most certainly change when little baby is in my arms. Today, on this almost-due date eve, I appreciate the energy that runs through my body. I thank myself for the marathon grocery shopping spree of this afternoon, as well as this evening's colossal cook-off. I have meals prepared for at least a week, not including the leftovers that my gigantic portions have guaranteed. Ahhh, sweet motivation: I value you!

And yet, dozing alongside my baby looks oh-so-appealing. Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment