Friday, January 30

Baby Watch 2009: Day One

Oh yes, one more day of gestation for me! I am so, so, so excited to be here, on day 279 of a projected 280 journey. Just like packing the luggage for the homeward voyage after a long vacation, there is some nostalgia as I say goodbye to pregnancy.

I'm going to miss my more liberal diet. I'm not into calorie restriction, but I will definitely not be eating sugar to encourage baby's movement after birth.

I'm going to miss my sanitary protection. A panty liner is so much more discreet than the adult diapers I'll be wearing for the next three to five weeks.

I'm going to miss my baths. Somehow, I don't think a seven pound infant will much enjoy sitting in a bouncer for hours while I soak to "relieve tension."

I'm going to miss feeling the baby move beneath my skin. I was so blessed to be in tune to my body and my baby this time around, sensing her senses as if we were both spiritually and physically linked.

I'm going to miss my family's fascination with my belly. Watching my husband stare at me with pride and feeling my son's delicate fingers "hugging" his sister are joyful memories that I hope to hold for years to come.

Maybe, I'll miss the opportunity to excuse sudden bursts of tears and emotions. Perhaps those around me will be willing to forgive these eruptions for a few postpartum weeks.

Finally, I'll miss the easy blogging prompt every day. What will I talk about after day zero?

No comments:

Post a Comment