Friday, May 7

Starting all over again...

I'm wired. I have several email accounts, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, blah blah. In each of these virtual worlds, I feel the need to censor myself because I'm in "polite company." Here, I have some expectation of anonymity and therefore no need to hold back. Over the past few months, I have felt an information constipation as I bit my tongue and splinted my fingers to avoid offending my "virtual friends." This blog is a relatively safe space for me to let it all out, so I'm starting it up all over again. A few points:
  1. I am a good, nice person.
  2. I have morals and convictions.
  3. I am extremely politically liberal.
  4. I have no church affiliation and find religion to be distasteful.
  5. The Tea Party movement and Sarah Palin anger me in many ways.
  6. Anti-Obama rhetoric disgusts me with its ignorance and hatred.
  7. Healthcare reform is good, necessary, and noble.
  8. We are a nation of immigrants, and the mandate for racial profiling in Arizona is racist and misplaced.
  9. Education reform is necessary, but it needs to start at home, not the schools.
  10. Fear and hate-based discussions have taken off since the 2008 election, and I vow to use this forum in counter-conversation.
And that's what I really think.

No comments:

Post a Comment